DENVER, CO – Connect for Health Colorado, Colorado’s new health insurance marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses, released metrics for the first week of operations. The first week was marked by tremendous consumer interest and quick responses to operational issues while delivering responsive personalized customer support.
“Our first week of operations was exciting and extremely busy as more than a hundred thousand Coloradans visited our website to start the shopping process for health insurance,” said CEO Patty Fontneau. “This is a strong start as we work to sign up thousands of Coloradans for health insurance.”
Snapshot from Week One (Oct. 1 – 7, 2013):
- Unique website visitors: 162,941
- Calls and chats with Customer Service Center Representatives: 9,658
- Accounts created: 18,174
- Average call and chat wait time: 5 minutes 44 seconds
- Enrollments: 226
- Covered Lives: 305
**Additional data available below**
Individuals, families and small businesses started looking at their health insurance options and shopping for coverage that will take effect as early as January 1, 2014. The Customer Service Center in Colorado Springs experienced high call volumes throughout the week.
Open enrollment continues until March 31, 2014. Individuals and families can choose from up to 150 private health insurance plans from ten carriers and small employers can create small group plans from up to 92 health insurance plans provided by six carriers. New financial assistance will be available to nearly 500,000 Coloradans to reduce costs. The Customer Service Center is open from 7 am to 8 pm Mondays through Saturdays at 1-855-PLANS-4-YOU (855-752-6749).
The marketplace is a public, non-profit entity that was established by a 2011 state law. More information is available at www.ConnectforHealthCO.com. Additional updates will be provided monthly.
Full Week One Snapshot
- Oct. 1, 2013 to Oct. 7, 2013
- Total website unique visitors
- 162,941 (57% new visitors vs returning visitors, highest number coming from along Front Range)
- Most popular pages Get Started – individuals and families, Browse Plans, Individual Shop Now, tax credit calculator, account sign-in
- Most common questions Create account, general eligibility
- Availability of website 97.25%
- Web pages serviced within 5 seconds 98.0%
- Total customer accounts created 18,174
- Total calls and chats serviced 9,658
- Average call and chat wait time 5 minutes 44 seconds
- Percent of calls answered within 20 seconds 33%
- Average call and chat length 13 minutes 15 seconds
- Enrollments 226
- Covered Lives 305